Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Labor Day Half-Century

I know this is a couple of days late, but I don't care.

Lucy and I went out early early (7:30am) on Monday morning on a ride to Perkins, OK, just south of Stillwater [the route I took can be found below]


The morning was beautiful; it was just the right time to see the soft morning mist rising up over the fields, brilliantly backlit by the rising sun.

Of course, I don't have a picture of any of this because the batteries in my camera died just minutes before I left. Trust me, it was awesome.

The ride went fairly smoothly, although I took a road south of Perkins which dead-ended about five miles in, so I had to do a there-and-back to get back to town.

When I had finally gotten back to Stillwater, I realized that I only needed eight more miles to make this ride an even fifty. So I milled about town in a very boring, haphazard way until I got to the desired mileage.

All considered it was very fun, my longest ride yet, and a pretty good way of putting off homework on labor day.

Date: 9/01/08
Distance: 51.16 mi
Time: 3:02:14
Avg Speed: 16.8 mph
Best Speed: 36.8 mph

No comments: